In accordance with the constitutions of the Essex Conservative Association (EDA) and the Conservative Party of Canada (CPC), an Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the membership will be held as follows:
Date and time:
Thursday February 13th
630pm Doors Open and Registration
7:00pm, Meeting Starts
Essex Railway Station
87 Station Street. Essex Ontario
Membership renewal available at the door. Light refreshments will be served.
Business to be conducted at this meeting shall include:
1. President's annual report;
2. Membership report;
3. Official Agent’s preliminary report for the year ended December 31, 2019;
4. Report from the 2019 Campaign Manager;
5. Report from our Member of Parliament, Chris Lewis (via video);
6. Report on election readiness preparations;
7. 2020 Conservative Leadership Election (membership cut-off: 17 April; E-Day: 27 June);
8. Election of Directors for 2020-21;
9. BREAK for new board to appoint an Executive Committee (in a separate meeting)
10. Return of Board Members and results of the Executive Board elections and,
11. Other business (as required).
In order to vote at this meeting, you must:
1) Be a member in good standing of the Conservative Party of Canada for a minimum of twenty-one (21) days prior to the meeting (January 23, 2020) or be renewing, in person, a membership which has expired during the 90 days prior to the meeting (after Wednesday, November 15, 2019); and,
2) Reside within the Essex Electoral District’s boundaries consisting of that part of the County of Essex comprised of (a) the towns of Amherstburg, Essex, Kingsville and LaSalle; and (b) that part of the Town of Lakeshore lying westerly of Rochester Townline Road and its production to the northerly limit of said town.
Members may be required to show two (2) pieces of identification which, taken together, will establish their identity, residence, and voting eligibility as prescribed by both the Party and EDA Constitutions. If your annual or multi-year membership has expired, please click here to renew online.
To check your current membership status online, please visit https://www.conservative.ca/membership-check/ (you will require your membership number).
If you wish to seek a position on our Association’s 2020-21 Board of Directors or would like to volunteer in any capacity with our next campaign, please email email@example.com or call 226-946-1055 or contact any Director on the Board.
We look forward to seeing all of our members and volunteers on February 13th!
RSVP and full details:
87 Station St
Essex, ON N8M 2C5
Click Here For Google Map & Directions